We’ve been fairly lucky so far with the winter weather, the snow and freezing temperatures of last winter don’t seem to have visited us yet. In fact my husband and I had a bit of a competition going to see who would give in first turn the heating on. Let’s face it, we are all trying to save money, the news is full of doom and gloom and the economy doesn’t look set to recover any time soon.
So there are a few things you can do to help save money on your heating, here are just a few suggestions:
- Turn your thermostat down by 1 degree, it really will make a difference
- Check your home is properly insulated, the Government has a few different grants available which can help pay towards the cost of ensuring your home is retaining as much heat as possible.
- Put a jumper on!!
- If you have some capital, install solar panels there are currently feed in tariffs available which can actually make you money longer term.
- Ensure you have efficient radiators installed in your home
- Fit Aladdin Self Bleed Valves to your existing radiators to ensure they run more efficiently
- Shorten the amount of time you keep the heating on
Hopefully these will give you a few ideas, obviously i’d love for you to opt for the self bleed radiator valves, I have them in my home and we have seen marked reduction in our heating bills. They are a fairly cheap way of helping you save money.